Here, I am going to show you how to hide, encrypt and secure your data everywhere you go. We will be using a free and open source tool called Truecrypt.
Truecrypt is an incredible software which does an extremely good job of encrypting your data. Truecrypt encryption is thought to be unbreakable, even the FBI hackers can’t break it. There are many ways to configure truecrypt, but here I will be discussing the simplest and most convenient way.
How to use truecrypt to encrypt your files and folders?
We will create a “file container” much like a secure vault. You can decide the size of this ‘vault’.
This vault is a single file and can have any extension and you can transfer it anywhere you like. You can open the vault by opening it with truecrypt and entering the password.
So, lets get started
1. Open truecrypt and click on Create Volume
3. Leave the default and click Next
4. Click Select File
5. Anywhere in your hard drive, just type any file name you want your container to be. Here its myfile.txt
Note that .txt is just an extension, and it doesn’t have any meaning in this regard. The idea is that people will think its a mere txt file.
6. Leave the default and Click next
7. Enter the desired size of the container and click next. I’ve made mine 3GB.
Note that you cannot change the size of the container afterwards.
8. Create a strong password for your container.
Note that the only way to crack truecrypt is to brute-force it. So, if your password is at least 15 or 20 characters with all the special characters etc, it should theoretically be impossible to break.
Posted by Shubham ;)
Sg ammik siktirin